As the summer vacation season approaches and thoughts turn to fun in the sun, getting on an airplane or even camping. If you plan on traveling to a foreign country, call our office for an insurance review.
Consider Travel Insurance
When traveling overseas, you never know what could unexpectedly happen. In the case of a medical emergency, lost baggage, or stolen wallet, it can be difficult to find your bearings in an unfamiliar place. We can provide coverage when traveling internationally.
Here are some tips to protect your data from prying eyes so you can have one less thing to worry about on your vacation.
- Don’t post on social media until you return.
- Let a trusted neighbor know you will be away and have them keep an eye on your home. It is a good idea to leave your vacation address and telephone number with a neighbor so you can be reached in case of an emergency.
- Be aware of any travel and health alerts at your destination.
- Write out a schedule and give it to a family member for safety purposes.
- Make copies of all of your credit cards, important identification information, including your medical insurance cards, and your traveler’s checks.
- Advise your alarm company and local police if you will be gone for an extended period.
- Stop the paper and garbage service.
- Don’t take expensive jewelry with you. Jewelry can get lost or be a target for thieves.
- Never put your home address on your luggage tags. Write your phone number instead.
- If you are traveling to a foreign country remember to study up on laws and customs. You will have a much better time if you understand the culture.
Before you leave for vacation, you may decide to close your curtains to prevent people from peering inside your home to see whether you’re there. However, closed curtains also stop those who aim to help the police, your neighbors or friends from seeing inside your house
You might be able to pay less for your insurance premium and not even know it. So it pays to connect with us to review your insurance needs. Allen & Furr Insurance, is an Independent Insurance Agency, we represent many of the top insurance companies in the country. This means better coverage, and at a competitive price, including life and health insurance.
Now go and have a great time!
Filed Under: Auto Insurance, Blog, Home Insurance, Personal Linsurance | Tagged With: auto insurance, home insurance, Personal Articles