While most of us are sheltering at home, hoping the COVID-19 pandemic passes as soon as possible, adjusting to a life of social distancing can be a challenge.
If you are getting to the point of running out of things to do, here are a few ideas to help you manage your time.
- Set up a schedule for your kids that might include times for reading, schoolwork, exercise, and game time. Having a set routine can help maintain a sense of normalcy.
- Schedule a “family happy hour” each evening before dinner. Use it as a time to talk about what is going on, future plans, or share fun family traditions.
- Teach your kids to cook.
- Have a family movie night with popcorn.
- Set up an exercise routine. Run up and down the stairs.
- Choose one room in your home to thoroughly clean and organize.
- If the weather is pleasant, playing outside in your yard is a terrific option.
- Take time each day to share something for which you are thankful. It can be difficult to deal with all the negative news right now, so share something positive.
- Check out a video of people showing solidarity during this pandemic or read a positive story that you found online.
- Take care of your physical health. Get the appropriate amount of sleep and exercise, and practice ways to reduce anxiety such as meditation, yoga, or listening to music.
- Get out all those old-fashioned board games or play an electronic game or two. This would also be a great time to watch old family videos. Connecting with happier times is always good for our mental health.
- Limit the news. For your own mental health and the mental health of your children, limit the intake of news.
- Connect with old friends or family members via phone calls or video chat.
- Plant a garden. Garden centers are open, and many are offering curbside service or home deliveries.
- Clean out your garage and prepare unused items for a garage sale or donation.
- Camp out in the back yard.
- Make a family COVID-19 bracelet.
- Listen to a podcast. To say that podcasts are having a moment is a massive understatement. There are wide ranges of podcasts available for listening enjoyment, including comedy, inspirational, self-help, or career guidance.
- Learn a new craft. Have you ever wanted to learn to knit, crochet, or do woodworking? Now maybe the perfect time to learn a new skill. You can find plenty of instructions and YouTube videos online.
Be safe, be strong, #togetherapart
Give us a call so we can provide you with insurance options.
Let us help you by providing a free, no obligation, auto insurance quote, including various coverage options to choose from. We’ll help you identify the right insurance policy, and the best insurance company, to financially protect your car, truck, and other passenger vehicles. Call or fill out our online insurance quote request today.
You might be able to pay less for your insurance premium and not even know it. So it pays to connect with us to review your insurance needs. Allen & Furr Insurance, is an Independent Insurance Agency, we represent many of the top insurance companies in the country. This means better coverage, and at a competitive price, including life and health insurance.Filed Under: Blog, Home Insurance, Personal Linsurance | Tagged With: Allen & Furr, Personal Articles, Storm safety