Modern business is a storm and modern office professionals bring calm to that storm. Let’s celebrate the office professionals who keep our offices in order. Administrative Professionals Week is April 21-27 and Administrative Professionals Day is Wednesday, April 24, 2013.
Who qualifies as an administrative professional? According to the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IIAP), administrative professionals are “individuals who are responsible for administrative tasks and coordination of information in support of an office-related environment and who are dedicated to furthering their personal and professional growth in their chosen profession.”
Ways to Honor our Administrative Professionals
- Facilitate continuing education by offering tuition reimbursement
- Support membership and participation in professional organizations
- Offer reimbursement for online training programs in technology, administrative, and management skills
- Reimburse employees for online training programs in technology, administrative, and management skills
- Encourage attainment of professional certification (IIAP Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) or Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) programs are widely recognized standards of excellence.)
- Make a gift of business-related items, such as personalized business cards, desktop name-plate, gift certificate, ergonomically correct accessories, computer hardware/software upgrade, or monetary bonus for exemplary performance
- Treat employees to lunch at a restaurant
- Award some time off.
About Administrative Professionals Week
Since 1952, the International Association of Administrative Professionals has honored office workers by sponsoring Administrative Professionals Week. Today, it is one of the largest workplace observances outside of employee birthdays and major holidays.
Today, there are more than 4.1 million secretaries and administrative assistants working in the United States, according to U.S. Department of Labor statistics, and 8.9 million people working in various administrative support roles. More than 475,000 administrative professionals are employed in Canada. Millions more administrative professionals work in offices all over the world.
The staff and Allen & Furr Insurance & Wealth Management wish administrative professionals everywhere a very happy week and much success.Filed Under: Blog | Tagged With: Administrative Professionals Day, Allen & Furr, business insurance, business owner, business partner, Insurance